Hi, I’m Parrish!
I’m a Mental Health Advocate, Educator & Coach, and I offer a different perspective on mental health…
I believe in compassion and acceptance of our full selves, (including the parts we like least).
I seek to empower through education and a strengths-based perspective with ongoing consideration for social and trauma factors.
I trust creative and intuitive practices to move us toward happier, more fulfilled lives.
Why Coaching instead of Therapy…
Coaching is a creative, solution-focused, skills-based approach that believes in the capacity of every person. I take this approach to my work in mental health because I believe that every person who struggles knows what they need and can do better if that need is met. Working with individuals and families, my trauma-informed coaching approach honours people’s wounds, celebrates their strengths and respects their self-identified needs without judgement.
In addition to coaching and training, I write and speak about my personal experiences with mental health and neurodivergence. I’m honoured to have recently been included in an anthology by the Canadian Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative, You Are Not Alone: An Anthology of Perinatal Mental Health Stories from Conception to Post-Partum.
I believe in the power of telling our stories as a way of healing and offer therapeutic writing workshops that can help you explore the feelings, narratives and choices that create your reality.
- Master of Arts, Counselling & Spirituality (Couple & Family Program), St. Paul University, Ottawa (2022)
- Graduate Diploma in Creative Writing, Humber School for Writers, Toronto (2018)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Psychology & Women’s Studies, Carleton University, Ottawa (2006)
- Diploma, Child & Youth Worker, St. Lawrence College, Brockville (2003)
- Rewriting the Trauma Narrative: The Effectiveness of Autobiographical Writing in the Treatment of PTSD and Complex Trauma, St. Paul University, Ottawa (2022)
- You Are Not Alone: An Anthology of Perinatal Mental Health Stories from Conception to Post-Partum, Canadian Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative (2021)
- More Than a Zero, Women Who Inspire (2017)
- Voted one of Vancouver’s Top Mommy Bloggers (2014)
Interested in working together?
I offer Mental Health Coaching for individuals, families and organizations, as well as bespoke training and workshops for groups of all sizes. Get in touch to discuss how we can work together toward better mental health for all.